If you live in Springfield, IL and have a drug or alcohol problem, you are not alone. Unfortunately, drugs are a rampant problem in this city, and you don't have to be involved in seriously heavy street drugs to be part of the problem.
Recently, a routine traffic stop in Springfield led to the arrest of two women who were found to have over 34 pounds of marijuana in their vehicle. These women now face serious felony charges and fines from the state of Illinois.
As you can see, for those individuals who participate in the using or selling of drugs, the punishments are harsh and will follow you for a lifetime.
Only Professional Rehab Centers Offer Long-Term Recovery
To get off drugs and alcohol, professional rehab is the only way to go. Sadly, many addicts and drug and alcohol abusers think that they can recover on their own. But trying to detox on your own is one of the most dangerous things you can do. In some cases, the withdrawal symptoms from particular drugs can lead to further health damage and even death.
The Benefits of Professional Addiction Treatment
The following benefits go along with professional addiction treatment.
- Both one on one and group therapy sessions that help the patient get to the root of their disease and possible uncover underlying mental health problems as well
- Individualized physical fitness and nutrition counseling to help heal the physical body
- Training and guidance in stress-relieving techniques and practices such as meditation, mindfulness, yoga, Pilates and tai chi.
- Specialized detoxification with medical professionals to supervise vital signs and take care of possible withdrawal symptoms
- A drug-free, alcohol-free and temptation-free zone for addicts
The Benefits of Traveling for Your Addiction Treatment
Those addicts who are choosing an outpatient rehab facility will likely find the most benefits at centers that are close to their homes. For many individuals who have familial options, it would be too much of a luxury to drop everything and check into a facility entirely. And in these cases, recovery is still possible with a quality outpatient rehab center and lots of dedication from the patient.
But there are also many benefits to traveling for your addiction treatment if you are able. First, treatment centers that are not located in your hometown may be more private and confidential. Attending drug or alcohol rehab is an extremely private matter, and it can be hard to deal with nosy friends are neighbors if you decide to attend rehab at home.
If you are confused about your choices regarding rehab, we are here to help. One of our experience representatives will be able to knowledgeably help you discern what it is you should be looking for in a rehab center. They can also offer you concrete options for treatment programs in your area or region.