Discover Addiction Treatment Centers in Los Angeles
According to the County of Los Angeles Public Health, drug-related incidents are the fourth cause of premature death among men in LA and the seventh cause of premature death among LA women. Thousands of lives could be saved each year if more drug addicts turned to rehab for recovery in Los Angeles. If you are addicted to drugs or know someone who is, rehab could be your life saver.
What to Expect on Your First Day in Rehab
At outpatient rehab locations, patients come and go. They sleep at home and go to the main campus for daily or weekly therapy sessions or 12-step meetings. But at inpatient locations, you or your loved one will be immediately checked into the facility. After the 30, 60 or 90 day program has concluded, you will be checked out. Here’s what to expect on your first day in rehab.
- You may go through detox. Some rehabs also detoxify patients while medically monitoring them for safety. This is the first step toward recovery, and it may happen at your rehab center or at another designated location.
- Drugs, alcohol and other paraphernalia will stored for the duration of your stay.
- You will be assigned a room. Generally speaking, you will room with someone else.
- You will have your first meeting and interview with a therapist.
- During the first day, you will also have meals with other residents and may be able to attend a group therapy session or a 12-step intro meeting.
The Road to Recovery Doesn’t Have to Be Terrible
The idea of going to a rehabilitation center and checking yourself in for many weeks can be daunting to many LA residents. But remember that this is the beginning of your recovery journey. Take things one day at a time, and every day, things will get better. Soon, your new life will blossom before you.
We’ll Help You Find a Private and Personal Treatment Program
If you have made the decision to kick your drug habit and live a sober lifestyle, congratulations. This is the first step on your journey toward recovery. Upon deciding that drug rehab needs to be in your future in order for you to become sober, there are a plethora of choices you will need to make. One of the decisions surrounds where you will go to treatment. Aside from deciding between an inpatient and outpatient treatment center, you might consider attending treatment in another city besides the one you live in.
The most common reason that this choice is made is to make drug rehab more private and personal. Leaving town can make rehab more confidential for you. You will also need to decide whether or not you have familial responsibilities that would keep you at home. In addition, some people have jobs they must go to or school programs they're involved in.
As you can see, there are many considerations to make concerning this decision, but our skilled and experienced representatives are standing by to help. Give us a call today to discuss your options.