A man from Jamaica was arrested and charged at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport in Florida when he was found to have 148 pellets of cocaine in his body. The man had swallowed the pellets in order to smuggle them into the United States.
This is not only a gamble with freedom as you are likely to get caught if you do this, but this is a gamble with your life as just one of the pellets bursting would kill you.
Make a Promise to Yourself to Get Help
If someone you know and care about or you yourself are struggling with drugs or alcohol abuse in Hollywood, FL, don’t back away from the opportunities that are in front of you. Sadly, most of the people who need treatment will never get it.
In some cases, they try but give up. In other cases, addicts never even attempt to seek help. Don’t be one of those people. Invest in yourself by letting us help you find a quality rehab center.
How to Prepare Yourself for Rehab
Heading to rehab is difficult. You’ll learn so much and get a wonderful chance to start anew, but it will also be challenging. Do these things to prepare yourself for your stay at rehab.
- Decide whether you need inpatient or outpatient treatment. Outpatient treatment is less successful than inpatient treatment, but you may need to choose this option if you have a family to take care of.
- If you are in school or have a job, take time off for your rehab stay.
- Pack your things according to the packing list at your rehab location. Many centers do not allow certain items, so follow their guidelines.
- Stay in touch with supportive friends and family. Tell those you trust where you are going if you choose, and get their contact information before you enter treatment.
- Prepare mentally by remembering that rehab is an investment in yourself. You’re ready for this.
Your Rehab Experience Can Be Strictly Confidential
Along with the many struggles that those attending rehab must deal with, being wary of confidentiality is one that many addicts dwell on. It can be embarrassing to deal openly with an addiction, and it is your prerogative to be private about attending a treatment facility. As a solution, if you choose to travel to a treatment center for rehab, there is often less of a need to worry on this matter. For a period of time, you will be able to distance yourself from your place of employment or school and the often prying eyes of those you know.
If you are interested in the solution to travel for your drug or alcohol addiction recovery in order to have a more private experience, let us know. Many alcohol and drug rehab facilities offer arrangements that can help you make your recovery experience more personal and private. We know that this can be a difficult decision to make, and we want to be there for you to offer support during this critical period. You can reach a helpful representative at any time by calling our toll-free number.