Locating a Top Drug Rehab Center in Hartford
When it comes to addiction, there is only one option for lasting recovery. Drug and alcohol rehab centers offer quality care for the disease of addiction, and even though the idea of going to rehab may be frightening for some, studies show that those who attend residential or outpatient treatment programs for their addictions are many times more likely to avoid relapse and live sober lives. If you are addicted to drugs or alcohol, rehab could turn your life around.
Substances of Abuse in Hartford, Connecticut
According to the White House's Drug Control Update, the state of Connecticut is undergoing a desperate problem with heroin abuse. This easy to obtain substance is being used largely around the Hartford area, and sadly, deaths by overdose are becoming increasingly common.
How Addicts Can Get the Most out of Drug Rehab
Rehab is vital for recovery from addiction to heroin and other drugs. Addiction is an extremely complex disease, but it can be treated, and addicts can learn to live normal, happy lives again. With that being said, take this advice for making the most out of you or your loved one’s stay in Hartford rehab.
- First, unique needs of the individual must be met. It is important to know that “one size fits all” does not apply to rehab.
- There is a certain amount of time spent in rehab that will give the best odds for lasting recovery. Generally, this period of time is at least one month.
- Therapy sessions and counseling in groups or individually will help patients delve deeper into their addictions and learn how to deal with difficult emotions.
- Certain medications may help patients sleep better, maintain an appetite and deal with mental illnesses.
- Finally, patients must be guided into the “real world” as they leave treatment. Drug testing and attendance at 12-step meetings should be required for at least a few months after rehab.
Your Treatment Program Should Be Personal and Private
While you are making your decision on a rehabilitation facility, consider those facilities that may be top-notch in other cities as well as those in your area. Many patients choose to travel to treatment centers that are outside of their home areas because it takes them away from the place where they became addicted. Every addict is different, but sometimes getting out of town and into a new location can give you a new perspective and a fresh start during recovery. In addition, peer pressure and negative influences will not be a problem if you are away from your home area.
With that being said, if you are opting for an outpatient treatment program, You may be better served by choosing a facility that is close to home. This option is often chosen by those who have families they need to take care of, jobs and careers they need to retain, or classes they need to attend. We know that each individual case is different, and we are willing to work with you to find the best treatment center for your recovery.